EeZeBILT 50+ TAMAR Lifeboat
Return to Home
Here is the front nose of the superstructure...
And the superstructure slotted into its mounted position, to check that it fits...
The windscreen parts are cut out roughly - they will be trimmed when glued...
And just stick the rear deck on - testing it for fit against the superstructure.
Here they are stuck on, and waiting to be sanded.
The front deck will need to be bent into position and held with a weight or some clamps.
placed into position.
Before we skin the hull, we must attach the motor mount. I have glued a prop shaft into position in the keel...
If the superstructure fits OK, prepare the deck pieces. I was going to leave the rear braces low to give more room for the radio fit, but eventually I decided to build them up and fit a brace across the stern to give a bit of strength where the deck joins.
This bit of balsa was so soft I put a metal reinforcement under it. You may not need to...
As the mount is gluing, align the motor to the prop shaft. You can see where I cut holes for a big connector, in case I want to go brushless...
Go to next page =>
<= Go back a page
front superstructure
front deck
rear deck
motor mount